A couple weeks ago the Martian Dynamic Dj Duo: The Dj’s From Mars released a plethora of Bootlegs & Mash-ups with their release of Bootfella’s vol2(Click to check out our coverage of it). It wasn’t much longer after listening to the Bootleg Pack that I contacted the martian Disk Jockeys about getting together for a lil Q & A. Thanks to NASA and other fine space agencies, Here is what we got…
1) First off thank you for taking the time to travel cross the galaxy for us. Give us your early observations of earths club scene?
- Hi and thanks to you for gettin in touch!!, Well, club scene on Earth is pretty sparkling at the moment, Djs are real superstars in the last years and clubs and festivals are growin bigger and bigger….that’s the reason we left Mars LOL 🙂
2) You guys have been quite busy as of late, your latest single ‘Insane (In da Brain) ft Fragma ‘ was recently released alongside a remix contest… How is it like to be judging a contest where artists all over the world are remixing something you guys created in the studio?
- It’s great cause it’s what we usually do…we take existing tracks and try to add some alien flavour….so it was pretty cool to hear how many ways there are to feel a track made by us….we received remixes in very different styles, from dubstep to electro to progressive to handsup to bossanova (!!!) that’s the great thing in music today, barriers are being crossed every day and internet is a great creativity tool!
3) As if the new.single and contest wasn’t enough for you guys, you dropped a HUGE remix / bootleg pack a couple weeks ago. I recognized a couple of bootlegs of there like the shm / gaga rmx from 2011, how long did it take you to compile this masterpiece of bootlegs ?
- Thanks for the nice words 🙂 well sometimes u may need 2 or 3 weeks to finish a track, sometimes in 5 hours it’s ready…it depends on the feeling of the moment, on the inspiration u have on that track and on how many cans of RedBull u have left in the studio 🙂
4) Moreover, what didn’t make the cut 😉
5) I’m sure there are tons of fans and upcoming talents dying to know what do the DJs from mars use for production? Any special gadgets? anything special in your dj bags ?
- We produce everything with Cubase…it’s a complete tool which lets u work without even thinking about the software….u just create and let urself go into the music…..this should be the main point for every software: if u spend too much time on “computer stuff” then it means u’re losing your focus on what you are REALLY doin, which is music 🙂 – btw we also use tons of plugs which are fully integrated with cubase so we never get bored 🙂
6) Ok, I really gotta know, who designs your helmets ?
- they’re made by ourselves!
7) What cities have you enjoyed spinning your crop circles the most?
- Hahaha, well we left a huge crop circle in Atlantic City last year while opening for Tiesto at Taj Mahal Arena…that was MASSIVE….but every gig has its own place in our alien hearts….last year we traveled a lot and we had the chance to visit such places as Australia, China, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Canada, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Germany, Greece, Spain, and the list can continue…..it’s great cause probably we’d never had the chance to be there if we had an ordinary job…now we are lookin forward for next year’s gigs!!
8) What’s up next for the DJs from Mars ? Ep / single / mix or podcast
- We are working on several remixes and bootlegs and podcasts as usual, but in 2012 we’d like to focus on our own productions….that could be the next step for us, but we like to be carried by events, so who knows?
9) Where can your earth fans stay up to date with the DJs from Mars via Interweb ?
- the most updated page is our Facebook www.facebook.com/djsfrommars
- we love it cause we can post there pics or thoughts even while travelling, so we are almost 24/7 there…if u are into Twitter, no worries, it’s synced to our Facebook LOL 🙂
10) Add Anything here you want to, shameless info, links, whatever…
- just stay tuned and be prepared to have a SLAMMIN 2012 – peace, DJSFM
**BONUS: Here are some of my Favorite Bootlegs form Bootfella’s vol 2 –